Churches and Parishes

The Parish of St. Michael the Archangel in Tylice

  • 25-09-2019
  • Author: Sabina Rezmer
  • print
Tylice 48, 13-300 Tylice
Parish priest Marek Lubieniecki,
The parish office is open every day after the Mass, number: 56  47 42 734.
The parish was founded by Chełmno bishops around 1300. The medieval temple has not survived to this day. The present church was built in the years 1700 - 1702. A fire on the night of 7/8 December 1990 destroyed a significant part of the church, including the roof, tower, stained glass, organs, part of the north wall and banners. The rebuilt temple was consecrated on September 28, 1991 by the Chełmno bishop Marian Przykucki. Four burned paintings were also reconstructed: Transfiguration of the Lord, Saint Archangel Michael, Saint Anthony and Saint Ignacy Loyola.