Churches and Parishes

The Parish of St. Jan Bosko in Gwiździny

  • 25-09-2019
  • Author: Sabina Rezmer
Gwiździny 53, 13 - 300 Gwiździny
Parish priest Józef Cierkowski
The parish office is open every day after the Mass, number: 56 472 87 99.
Gwiździny has a medieval origin. It was probably founded in the 14th century. The first mention of the town comes from 1414, but the exact date of the parish's creation is unknown. During the Polish-Swedish war, the parish declined and in 1630 it became a branch of the Kurzętnik parish. The parish church in Gwiździny, without proper care, was demolished around 1810. The independent parish was resumed by the Chełmno bishop Stanisław W. Okoniewski by decree of April 1, 1928. The parish temple was erected and consecrated in 1937. In 1984, a new presbytery was added to the church.